Metal complex catalysis
Chernyshev Viktor Mikhailovich
General information of the department:
The laboratory of metal complex catalysis and organic synthesis of the SRSPU (NPI) is part of the infrastructure of the base department of the SRSPU (NPI) at the N.D. Zelinskiy RAS (Moscow). The head of the department is Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Doctor of Chemical Sciences, Head of the Laboratory of Metal Complex and Nanoscale Catalysts (No. 30) of the Institute of Organic Chemistry. N. D. Zelinsky RAS, Professor Valentin Pavlovich Ananikov.
Metal complex catalysis includes:
- Study of the mechanisms of catalytic reactions;
- Development of catalysts based on transition metal complexes with N-heterocyclic carbenes;
- Development of methods for stabilization and activation of metal complex catalysts;
- Development of methods for obtaining switchable molecular catalysts. Obtaining complexes with SMART ligands that change properties under the influence of external influences.
Chemistry of polyfunctional organic substances:
- Synthesis of new organic compounds;
- Development of selective methods for the synthesis of polyfunctional organic substances and heterocyclic compounds;
- Development (discovery) of new reactions and rearrangements of polyfunctional compounds.
Research areas of the laboratory:
- Metal complex catalysis;
- Chemistry of N-heterocyclic carbenes;
- Chemistry of heterocyclic compounds;
- Chemistry of polyfunctional organic substances;
- Processing renewable plant materials into valuable chemicals and fuels.